IJGA Golf Marathon
What is the Illinois Junior Golf Association Golf Marathon?
The IJGA Golf Marathon is an amazing – and fun – event that takes place every other year, the next event happening in 2020, at Cantigny Youth Links. The event is the largest fundraiser the IJGA has each year. In 2019, the IJGA Golf Marathon raised almost $15,000. The best year on record for this fundraising event was 2009 when $70,000 was raised in one day! Whether you are a former IJGA member, have children that play, or you just enjoy the game of golf, we are asking that you join the team of IJGA supporters to play 100 holes of golf, have a lot of fun, and raise money for the IJGA.
What IJGA initiatives will the dollars raised support?
Funds raised through the golf marathon will be used for two IJGA initiatives:
- To create a fund from which the IJGA can provide financial aid to junior golfers that have the desire to compete in IJGA events, but whose families do not have the financial resources to provide equipment, golf lessons, practice opportunities and/or tournament entry fees.
- To enhance IJGA programing while limiting increases to membership and tournament registration fees.
What does playing 100 holes look like?
- Shot gun start. Breakfast, lunch, refreshments and golf balls provided.
- Golfers hit multiple golf balls, each ball counts as one hole played.
- Full time commitment on event day is approximately six hours.
- No looking for lost balls, OB’s etc. Simply drop another ball and keep hitting.
- On the green, “gimmies” are encouraged!
What else do I need to know?
- All donations to the IJGA are tax deductible and donation recognition letters will be sent to each donor.
- Set up your participant page and start collecting donations by sharing your fundraising page with your friends.
- We have a lot of faith that fans and families of the association will step up and commit to participate in this great event! Our goal for 2020 is to raise $25,000!